Sunday, October 1, 2006

Poor Phillies


I can't really say I'm a Phillies fan any more for a number of reasons. The primary is one the time required to watch and keep up with 160+ games a year. But I will see some scores in the paper and generally follow their standings. Yesterday at a BBQ I did watch the 9th inning in Florida, and I knew they were still 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. It was an exciting bottom of the 9th, but they pulled off a 4-3 win. At least they were still alive, I thought, and had some hopes the west coast teams teams might lose and the Phils will live on. But alas, later on that night I heard that wasn't to be.

So the Phils haven't made it to the playoffs since they lost to the Blue Jays in the '93 world series. That's a pretty long dry spell, and about mid-season I actually thought they had a shot this year. One game left, but it's time to start thinking about next year.

No comments: