Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm back!

I haven't posted here since 2008. A lot has changed in my life in the last 6 years. That's probably an understatement and a half!
I am now divorced and living on my own, still in York PA. Over the last year, I have migrated my relationships from "our friends" (as many married couples end up with) to "my friends". I've had the good fortune to meet some wonderful people who have helped greatly in getting me out of my "just waiting for stuff to happen" phase I was in for the last decade or so. As part of that, I have invested in my own personal spiritual journey with gusto.
I wondered about creating a new blog space, but then fell across this old one. There are some real gems in the old stuff here, and I so no real good reason to dump it all and start again. I have been doing a lot of writing and journaling this summer - and I need a better place to post this stuff than Facebook. While I like my little Facebook soapbox, it's kind of limited in many ways. When I post funny quips and such, I'll get dozens of likes and some comments. When I post political things, I'll get a few likes and sometimes dozens of comments - as they often escalate, bordering on arguing. But when I post my deeper philosophical thoughts, I don't think anyone reads them. Now it's not much more likely people will read things here - but at least it's searchable by Google and public, not limited to my couple hundred friends (at least those who haven't hidden my yet).
I'm writing and posting this July 23, 2014. I have several pieces I've written in the last couple months that I am reposting, and back-dating some to the dates when I initially wrote them.
If you happen to stumble across this, I hope you find something of interest and enjoy your reading. Thank you.


No comments: