Friday, August 15, 2014

Muppet Joke!


I heard a joke years ago based on the muppet "near and far" routine (see this video). I found myself telling this joke at least twice rather recently. The thing is, I thought it was a well-known joke. I vaguely even remember seeing it acted out - not sure if it was on YouTube or a sketch comedy show (for some reason, I'm thinking one of the many Canadian troops). So the joke follows - if anyone knows the source or can find more details on it, please comment and let me know!

A couple goes over to another couple's house for dinner. When the main dish finally comes, the guests are a little surprised to see the "meat" is blue in color. They watch as the hosts carve it easily into slices and serve it along with various side dishes. Not wanting to be rude guests, they cut into this blue meat and try a bite. Turns out, it's wonderfully tasty. But they just can't resist the urge to find out more and finally ask, "OK, please tell us what this blue stuff is."

The husband chuckles to himself a little as he replies, "Why, it's muppet!"

"Muppet! Oh my! I've never eaten this before and its great. But please tell us, how do you find muppet meat?"

"Oh, that's easy," says the husband as he stands up. "Let me show you".

They walk over to the sliding glass door that opens to their back yard, which backs up to a line of trees. The man opens the door and shouts outside to no one, "Show me far!"

Out of nowhere, a muppet appears in the tree line, and yells back, "This is far!"

Then the man calls to the muppet, "Show me near!"

The muppet comes running up to the house and the man grabs him. "See? Easy."

No comments: